As the Oscar nominations have just been announced, we’ve put together a quiz based on past triumphs.
Here are 12 Oscar-winning films with a supposed Scottish connection, but was the link truly Scottish, or not?
We’ve named the film, but can you tell us whether it's linked to a genuine Scottish Oscar winner? You can tell us your answers (and your reasons) in the comments section below.
Loading article content
Click here to see the answers
1. 1941, How Green Was My Valley
2. 1953, From Here to Eternity
3. 1958, Separate Tables
4. 1969, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
5. 1981, Chariots of Fire
6. 1987, The Untouchables
7. 1995, Braveheart
8. 1995, Frank Kafka’s It’s a Wonderful Life
9. 1995, Sense and Sensibility
10. 2003, Return of the King
11. 2007, Michael Clayton
12. 2011, The Lost Thing