THE Scottish student who alleges she was gang-raped after a night out in Thailand has spoken of her humiliation that the country's authorities doubt her story.

The 20-year-old from the Highlands says she was attacked by four men, two of whom raped her, as she walked home at around 3am in the southern city of Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The woman told STV that, although she does not recall every part of her ordeal, she remembers a car, a concrete floor and her attackers' faces – and she asks why nobody in the nearby houses heard her scream.

Loading article content

Now awaiting the results of hospital tests, she told how she has been left bruised and battered after the attack last Friday. She also said she wanted to correct media reports in Thailand that she had been left by her boyfriend after an argument in a bar.

She said: "He was travelling down from Bangkok at the time and had nothing to do with it."

She said she can remember having a few beers at a restaurant with a friend and then moving on to a bar, where they met another friend.

She added: "Then things are unclear. I can only remember little things. I do not know if my drink had been spiked or what. There was a kerfuffle with the bouncer there and we left at around 2.45am. I told my friend that I would get back home fine – it was not too far away. The police have told me that I was told to leave the bar because I was too drunk, but I can't remember if that was true."

She said she was woken on the balcony of a building around 50 metres from the bar, by police and people who lived nearby. "At that point, I did not have a clue what had happened or what was going on, but they were saying I was still drunk."

She added:" I can remember a silver car or a pick-up truck and I think that is what the men who attacked me drove in. I remember it was raining. I remember there were four of them. And I remember the attack happened on a concrete floor.

"I remember quite clearly what the two men who raped me looked like. One was wearing a black T-shirt and the other was wearing a green khaki T-shirt, he had black hair and a gap in his teeth or a tooth missing.

"They hit me in the face and on my head. There are bruises on my arms from where they held me down and my elbows and knees have been scraped."

Police investigating the attack said they are awaiting forensic reports from the hospital where she was treated, and their inquiries are continuing.

She said: "I was screaming and shouting during the attack. There's no chance they never heard anything.

"The police have said the people living nearby just thought it was a fight and didn't do anything.

"The police and authorities are very humiliating. Their whole system has let me down. They're making out that I was some drunk idiot and it was my fault, which was not the case."