MANAGER Corin Christopher marks Edinburgh's Cameo Cinema centenary today.
The picture house was originally known as the Kings and had 673 seats, a mirrored screen that was the first of its kind in Scotland, and live orchestra providing the soundtrack to the silent films on show.
It was renamed the Cameo in 1949 after it was bought by Jim Poole, who brought foreign language films to an Edinburgh audience.
Loading article content
It was closed for several years in the 1980s after Mr Poole retired but reopened in 1986.
As part of the celebrations, it will host a one-off preview of the Coen brothers' new film, Inside Llewyn Davis, tonight.
Picture: Julie Howden