The hacking trial was brought to a standstill when former News of the World royal editor Clive Goodman was taken ill as he was about to enter the witness box for a fifth day.
The 56-year-old had attended the Old Bailey to be cross-examined for a second day by former NotW editor Andy Coulson's defence barrister. But the trial was adjourned because Mr Goodman was feeling unwell, the judge, Mr Justice Saunders, told the jury.
The court has heard that Mr Goodman, of Addlestone, Surrey, pleaded guilty to phone hacking in 2006 with private investigator Glenn Mulcaire.
Loading article content
He now faces charges of conspiring to commit misconduct in a public office, which he denies.
Giving evidence earlier this week, he said Mr Coulson, 46, and others at the defunct Sunday newspaper knew about hacking, and that it took place on an "industrial scale".
All other defendants in the case deny all charges.