Former Crimewatch presenter Sue Cook has told a court Rolf Harris should not be accused of lying after forgetting a game show appearance in the 1970s because she cannot recall being on the programme either.
The 65-year-old writer and broadcaster, who appeared in the Star Games series two or three times, said celebrities were "bussed in" to a recreation area, and the city or town was "immaterial".
Harris had told the jury at London's Southwark Crown Court he had never been to Cambridge until four years ago, but it later emerged he had appeared in a Star Games show in the city in 1978.
Loading article content
One alleged victim claimed the entertainer grabbed her bottom when she was working as a waitress at an event there in 1975, although prosecutors say she may have got the date wrong.
Ms Cook yesterday told the court: "I said to my husband 'Gosh, that's not fair - I wouldn't have remembered it was Cambridge either'.
"I don't think he can be accused of lying because I can't remember it. I was a participant in that game show but I wouldn't have known it was Cambridge either."
She said that during her four decades in broadcasting she had forgotten "loads" of events she had been to. In cross-examination by Sasha Wass, QC, she admitted that she would not "swear blind" she had not been somewhere for work.
Harris is standing trial for 12 counts of indecent assault on four women between 1968 and 1986, all of which he denies.
Earlier, the court heard from Harris's former tour manager, Ken Jeacle, who said women fans would "rush up" to the performer and put their arms around him.
He would have to "extract" the star from those situations to avoid fans getting too close, the court heard.
The jury was sent home until Monday or Tuesday, when final speeches will begin.