FORMER News of the World journalist Neville Thurlbeck has revealed he has been freed from prison just over a month into a six-month sentence for his role in the phone hacking scandal.
The defunct tabloid's ex chief reporter wrote on his website that he had been released after being detained for the last 37 days at HMP Belmarsh in London.
Thurlbeck pleaded guilty to conspiracy to unlawfully intercept communications and was jailed for six months as he was sentenced alongside former NotW editor Andy Coulson on July 4.
Loading article content
In a blog on his website, Thurlbeck said that Coulson is "in good spirits" and "getting on well with his fellow inmates".
The Ministry of Justice said it does not comment on when prisoners are released.