Formula One star David Coulthard and German racing driver Sabine Schmitz could be joining Top Gear's presenting line-up, it has been reported.
Motoring journalist Chris Harris will also be joining the show, according to The Sun.
On Tuesday it was revealed that the show's executive producer, Lisa Clark, was leaving the show after five months.
Loading article content
Clark, who had previously worked with Top Gear host Chris Evans on Don't Forget Your Toothbrush, said in a statement she was "moving on to new projects".
She added: "I'd like to wish production all the very best with the show."
The BBC issued a statement thanking Clark for her "incredible work for the last five months readying new Top Gear for its busy filming schedule in 2016 and planned return in May".
So far Evans has been tight-lipped about the format of the show.
Appearing as a guest on BBC One's Saturday Kitchen recently, he did reveal the first episode would air on Sunday May 8.
The BBC said it would not comment on any speculation regarding the line-up for the new show.

Comments & Moderation
We moderate all comments on Herald Scotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis. If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules
Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.
Comments are closed on this article.