At Glasgow Sheriff Court today the men were each given a community payback order to complete 300 hours of unpaid work over nine months and were handed a two-year football banning order.
Mark Connerton, 42, from Inverkeithing in Fife; James Clark, 27, from West Linton in the Borders; and Paul Donoghue, 27, Craig Nisbet, 41, and Keith Manson, 41, all from Edinburgh, were involved in the fight on March 10 last year after a Scottish Cup match between Ayr United and Hibernian in Ayr.
A number of football fans got off the Ayr to Glasgow train at Glasgow Central station at 7.10pm and made their way to the Hope Street exit where they met supporters from other clubs, not Ayr United or Hibs, who came from a nearby bar in Waterloo Street, the Crown Office said.
Bystanders then fled from the scene of what the Crown Office described as "a large-scale brawl".
Stephen Ferguson, football liaison prosecutor for the west of Scotland, said: "Innocent members of the public and ordinary, decent supporters were clearly alarmed as the shocking, large-scale disturbance between the rival fans ensued.
"This behaviour of the individuals involved was totally unacceptable and I am pleased to see they have been brought to justice for their actions.
"I hope our prosecution of these individuals, and the sentences imposed by the courts, sends out a strong message to help prevent football-related violence and disorder."
Four other men were sentenced earlier this year and eight more men are due to be sentenced later this month for their involvement in the same fight.