Erin McNeil was rescued while unconscious from the building by firefighters and suffered serious burns to her upper and lower body and vocal cord as well as lung injury because of smoke inhalation, and post traumatic stress disorder, it is said.
Lawyers acting for Miss McNeil, 23, are pursing a damages claim against Kerryann Easton whose then home at Dawson Avenue, Alloa, in Clackmannanshire, went on fire on February 15, 2009.
It is claimed in the case at the Court of Session in Edinburgh that the accident was caused by her fault and that she failed to keep a good lookout while cooking food. The accusation is denied.
Miss McNeil needed lengthy treatment in hospital after the fire. She was badly scarred and has undergone plastic surgery.
It is said her voice is hoarse and she loses it if she tries to speak at a raised level for any length of time in a noisy place.
"She is no longer able to sing which she intended doing professionally. She has lost a congenial career," it is said.
Miss McNeil is said to have intended following a career in the entertainment industry and was about to sign a contract with an agency when the fire happened.
She had performed a successful audition to join the entertainments agency the previous month.
She had bought sound equipment for her singing career and used it for the first time to perform earlier on the night of the fire.
Miss McNeil, was a member of the Scottish National Youth Choir.
The hearing before Lord Bannatyne continues.