A snow globe, a lightbulb and even razor blades are some of the unusual items that have been discovered inside people since 2010.
NHS Ayrshire and Arran and NHS Western Isles have recorded the highest level of instances. However, the Scottish Tories have warned that the 1462 incidents that may be caused by "stupidity" and "reckless" behaviour are putting a strain on our NHS.
Four health boards admitted they had also blundered, leaving foreign objects inside patients.
And Scotland's Patient Association has called for a review on procedures.
Lego blocks, beads and shampoo bottle lids are some of the items removed by doctors at NHS Western Isles. Forth Valley had to remove a lightbulb from one patient as well as wood and razor blades, seeing a total of 217 incidents over the period.
A total of 67 objects were discovered inside patients being treated in the Scottish Borders, including tiddlywinks, a glass snow dome and a sex toy.
The Scottish Conservatives have warned that possible "reckless" behaviour is putting a strain on the NHS.
The party's health spokesman, Jackson Carlaw MSP, said: "Clearly some of these will be as a result of freak accidents which no one could have foreseen or predicted.
"In those cases, we are very fortunate to have a skilled NHS ready to deal with them.
"However, when these items have been consumed as an act of stupidity or recklessness, people have to take responsibility."