Natalie Hynde, 31, and Simon Medhurst, 55, were convicted of "besetting" energy firm Cuadrilla's test drilling plant during high-profile protests near Balcombe, West Sussex, last summer.
Brighton Magistrates' Court heard the pair cost the firm around £5000 through delaying deliveries for two hours after they superglued their hands together while Medhurst had his arm through the gate on July 31, last year.
Prosecutor Jonathan Edwards told the trial that access was hampered and Cuadrilla staff and contractors were prevented from going about their "legal right" to work there.
Hynde said her intention was to gain publicity by creating a "striking and symbolic" image to highlight concerns surrounding the controversial method of extracting natural gas from underground shale rock.
And Medhurst - a veteran of environmental campaigns including Newbury and the Hastings to Bexhill link road - also said the intention was to gain widespread publicity rather than obstructing Cuadrilla employees.
But finding the pair guilty, district judge William Ashworth said their protest "went beyond reasonable freedom of speech" as it disrupted access to the site for two hours.
Hynde, of East Sussex, and Medhurst, of Hastings, had both denied a charge of "besetting" the premises.
But after being convicted, Hynde also pled guilty to trespassing on a railway bridge at Balcombe on August 18, last year.
Hynde, a King's College, London, English Literature graduate, was given a concurrent 12-month conditional discharge, and ordered to pay costs of £400 and a £15 victim surcharge.
Medhurst, who has three previous convictions, was fined £200, and told to pay costs of £200 and a victim surcharge cost of £20.