Former BBC presenter Travis, 68, was cleared of 12 counts of indecent assault earlier this month but jurors at London's Southwark Crown Court were unable to reach verdicts on two further charges and were discharged.
Today, Judge Anthony Leonard heard that prosecutors are seeking a retrial on the two outstanding charges.
A further hearing will take place on March 28.
Prosecutor Miranda Moore QC told the court: "The prosecution is seeking a retrial for two outstanding counts."
She said a retrial would be likely to last just over two weeks.
Wearing a black suit and burgundy shirt and tie, Travis was allowed to remain seated in the dock as the matter was discussed.
The former Top Of The Pops presenter was accused of indecently assaulting 10 women and sexually assaulting another in alleged incidents dating back to 1976 when he was at the height of his fame.
The jury of eight women and four men had deliberated for more than 20 hours before finding him not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges.
But they were not able to agree on a charge of alleged indecent assault against a woman in the early 1990s along with an alleged sexual assault on a journalist in 2008.
Judge Leonard told Travis: "You are to return to this court on the 28th March. You are re-admitted to bail as before."
Marianne, Travis's wife of more than 40 years, supported him from the public gallery during today's brief hearing.
She was in court for the verdicts on February 13 but did not attend the four weeks of evidence.
Speaking outside the court moments after being found not guilty of the 12 offences, Travis said the case had cost him his reputation along with so much money that he has had to sell his house.
Travis, who went on trial under his birth name David Griffin, said: "I don't feel like there is a victory in any way, shape or form.
"On the contrary, I think you already know that I have been through a year and a half of hell on this which included costing me so much money to pay out for my part of this trial."