Mendip District Council said the decision was made without the need for a public hearing - only the second time this has happened.
Previously, licences for the festival have been subject to public scrutiny because of objections from the public about noise management and from police, fire or ambulance services concerned about safety.
There was, however, no opposition to the new application, submitted by Glastonbury's director, Robert Richards, which will see the festival run until 2024.
The application outlined a need for more staff, security guards, litter pickers, stewards and volunteers to help keep people safe at the event.
Dolly Parton and Lily Allen are among acts who have confirmed they will be playing at this year's festival, which starts on June 25.
The festival at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset attracts some of the biggest names in music and past performers include Beyonce, U2 and the Rolling Stones.
Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis, the daughter of founder Michael Eavis, said: "This is fantastic news.
"I'd just like to say a huge thank you to all the people who have contributed so much to Glastonbury Festival over the last 44 years."