And it was claimed bookings to play the US billionaire's 18-hole links in Aberdeenshire have gone "through the roof" on the back of a top accolade.
Donald Trump Jr touched down in Aberdeen yesterday to visit the Balmedie site ahead of the course officially opening in July.
The New York-based businessman said a host of elite golfers want to be the first to tee off at the Menie Estate, which was recently ranked among the 10 best in Britain and Ireland before a round has been played.
He said: "We are just putting together the finishing touches and making sure everything is to my father's standards.
"We are putting together ideas for the opening. There are some figures within the golfing world that are really anticipating the opening and they have read all the accolades we've received.
"There are quite a few golfers who are reaching out to us. We will see what the list ends up being."
Donald Jr said Sean Connery had also expressed a wish to be a part of the ceremony on July 10.
He said: "It is something he has spoken to us about numerous times. He has been a good friend to the project. Before people could even imagine what we were planning to do here he was a supporter and we would love to have him up here."
The championship links course was last week ranked number eight in Golf World magazine's prestigious top 100 list, rated above this year's Open venue Royal Lytham & St Annes.
Donald Jr paid tribute to his father yesterday, saying his exceptionaly standards had won him the prize.
He said: "It's pretty impressive considering the course is not even open yet.
"He has really created a masterpiece – which is what he set out to do."