• Text size      
  • Send this article to a friend
  • Print this article

Grandmother dies while on salon sunbed

A GRANDMOTHER has died while lying on a powerful sunbed at a tanning salon.

Sadie Lachlan, 52, was discovered by staff when she failed to come out of the private booth at the premises.

Workers raised the alarm when the mother-of-two overran her allocated slot at Tanz in Carluke, Lanarkshire. Paramedics rushed to the scene to administer emergency treatment to Mrs Lachlan but were unable to revive her.

The tragedy happened around 11.50am on Monday after the mother, of Carluke, had gone to the salon to top up her tan.

Police Scotland and health and safety officials have launched an investigation.

A post-mortem is due to be carried out but the death is not being treated as suspicious. The company, who are based in nearby Motherwell, refused to comment.

Contextual targeting label: 
Beauty

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on HeraldScotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis.
If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.

241195