Lord Justice John Goldring told a packed out final pre-inquest hearing of his intention for the inquests due to be held in Warrington, Cheshire, to go ahead on March 31 as scheduled.
Before proceedings started, victims' relatives attending the hearing at a central London hotel told reporters that after waiting 25 years for justice they would be opposed to any delays.
The hearing heard that the materials involved in the inquest were "unprecedented in terms of scale and complexity" and new documents would be made available right until the last moment as investigations into the disaster were still ongoing.
But the coroner said: "I shall not cease, so that it is absolutely clear, to seek to drive these investigations onwards as much as I conceivably can."
Last December, verdicts of accidental death from the original inquest in 1991 were quashed after the Hillsborough Independent Panel studied thousands of documents and reported there had been a huge cover-up of what happened at Hillsborough and its aftermath.