Labourer Robert "Bertie" Air, 56, a father-of-two, died on Tuesday, 24 hours after being admitted to hospital in Edinburgh.
As the number of cases reached 61 yesterday, his partner Rena said: "I don't want to remember him. I just want him back."
Mr Air, of Seafield, Edinburgh, became unwell over the weekend and was sent home from work on a building site in the Gorgie area of the capital.
His workplace was just yards from the North British Distillery, which is one of six industrial sites being tested for the Legionella bacteria.
It has now emerged two of Mr Air's colleagues have sought medical advice after feeling unwell and have been prescribed antibiotics as a precautionary measure, although it has not been confirmed if they are suffering from the infection.
Bill Pollock, personnel manager at his employers J Smart and Co, said he had been with them since last August and was well liked.
In a statement, the firm added: "Robert Air was a good and conscientious employee. He will be missed. Our thoughts are with his family at this time."
The victim's brother, Ronald, earlier spoke of his shock at his brother's sudden death. He had seen Robert on the Monday when he was feeling unwell.
Ronald Air said: "We're all really shocked. Can't believe it. He was my buddy as well as my brother. He said to me 'I'm not feeling well Ronnie'. I told him to get the doctor. I said 'I'll come round and see you', but I never got the chance."
Mr Air is also survived by his two children, Kelly Ann, 29, and Robert, 35.
Among the other victims, taxi driver Ronnie Fraser is still in hospital after being struck down with the illness last week.
Mr Fraser, 50, reportedly developed a bad cough on Friday after feeling unwell for a couple of days, and a GP was called to his house in Gorgie on Saturday.
The original diagnosis of a viral infection changed on Sunday when a second doctor was called.
His wife, Elayne, 47, said: "He said 'You're going in because you need to get an X-ray done', and he said there was an infection in the lungs."
Meanwhile, a bedside vigil last night continued for John McLaren, a 63-year-old retired naval officer in intensive care.
Mr McLaren is thought to be one of the first people in Edinburgh to have caught the disease and has been in an induced coma for over a week.
The grandfather-of-five was rushed to Edinburgh Royal infirmary last Wednesday after complaining of severe chest pains and difficulty breathing, with his family describing him as being in a delirious state.
Mr McLaren lives alone in the Stenhouse area of Edinburgh and has two children, Leanne, 38, and Steven, 39, with his ex-wife Anne Henretti, 61.
Ms Henretti said he had been in the hospital bed next to Mr Air. She added: "The whole family are crushed and Leanne and Steven have been with him in intensive care every day. It's terrifying because the man that died was in the bed next to John."
Ms Henretti said her ex-husband spent his days visiting his daughter and her children who live in Gorgie, a "stone's throw" from the distillery.
Chartered surveyor Rick Gibb, 54, who lives in the Gorgie area of the city, also remains seriously unwell in hospital.
North British Distillery said it was one of a number of businesses being inspected but had no further comment. Results of bacteria tests are due over the weekend.