The building in Dalmuir was to be a new recycling centre for the now defunct Social Enterprise Clydebank, but the firm collapsed before it could be completed.
Now community housing business Link Group has taken over the property, with the support of its original funders The Big Lottery Fund Scotland and Social Investment Scotland.
The building, now named The Bruach - the gaelic word for riverbank, is to be the base for Link's west of Scotland team which looks after 1380 properties in Argyll & Bute, East and West Dunbartonshire, Glasgow, Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire, East and South Ayrshire.
The Bruach also has office and warehouse space available to let to social enterprises and community organisations.
Link secured £23,600 in funding from the Scottish Government to equip, fit-out and establish an IT training suite in the centre.