The horse-drawn Dundee Corporation tram was believed to be one of the first built for the city in 1887.
The tram was removed from service to be replaced by electric vehicles shortly after the turn of the century with almost all of the old trams burned.
However, the number 24 tram, which ran through Dundee city centre in to the west end, somehow survived.
It was transported to Perth, where it was placed in the garden of a man called Jock Ness.
Experts believe the tram has now stood in situ for up to 100 years, with a huge housing estate and an orchard growing up around it.