• Text size      
  • Send this article to a friend
  • Print this article

Organisers axe prom at Glamis

GLAMIS Castle has pulled the plug on this year's open-air prom.

The director of the Angus Castle, David Broadfoot, said the double whammy of a tough year and the current economic uncertainty had led to the cancellation.

The prom had been scheduled for August 10. Music fans who have already purchased tickets will be entitled to full refunds.

Mr Broadfoot said: "If the event becomes viable again we would consider reinstating it because we know it was much enjoyed by those who have attended in previous years."

Angus Council's tourism spokeswoman, Mairi Evans, expressed disappointment and said it was one of the major tourism events on the Scottish calendar.

Contextual targeting label: 
Arts and Entertainment

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on HeraldScotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis.
If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.

137782