Mother Lorraine Bale was at work when the call came to say the Skoda taxi came to rest just inches from where her daughter Amanda, 19, above, had been lying on the sofa moments before.
Mrs Bale, 49, said: "My daughter called me to say what had happened but she was so shocked she could barely speak and had to hand the phone to our neighbour.
"It was absolutely horrific to come home and see the police, ambulance and fire crew outside my house."
A taxi driver in an automatic car accidentally pressed the wrong foot pedal, hitting the accelerator instead of the brake, police said.
Mrs Bale, of Libo Place, Erskine, Renfrewshire, added: "When I was allowed into the house I noticed that Amanda's blanket was lying inches from where the car came through. It was pure luck she wasn't hurt."