• Text size      
  • Send this article to a friend
  • Print this article

Three dogs saved from house fire after delivery boy raises alarm

Three dogs have been rescued from a house fire after a young boy delivering leaflets heard the smoke detector and raised the alarm.

The boy also saw smoke coming from the property in Plover Brae, Livingston, West Lothian.

Firefighters were called to the scene at around 7.15pm yesterday and extinguished the blaze which was caused by food left unattended on the cooker.

There was no one in the house at the time.

The boy's exact age is not known.

Contextual targeting label: 
Fire

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on HeraldScotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis.
If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.

230916