The campaign has received £1,625,797 in donations since it was launched last year.
Five individuals have donated £1,283,000 since the campaign began, while the SNP has provided a non-cash contribution of £342,797. More than 7,000 small donors have also contributed around £112,000.
The five individuals donors include Euromillions winners Christine and Colin Weir, who donated £500,000 each, and investment fund manager Angus Tulloch, who gave £250,000. Alexander Adam and William Wilson donated £25,000 and £8,000 respectively.
The donations have all been made directly to the campaign which has been self-financing since September last year. The announcement covers the period from the campaign’s launch until the end of March 2013.
The SNP contribution was used to establish Yes Scotland and to fund the start-up and staffing costs including the official launch on May 25 2012.
Yes Scotland Chief Executive Blair Jenkins said: “Thousands of people in Scotland have donated to the Yes Scotland cause and have given what they can according to their financial means. We are deeply appreciative to each and every one of them.
“Although we will not be in the regulated period of the campaign until 16 weeks before the referendum, I said when I took up my appointment that we intended to be transparent about funding and that is why we are publishing this information today.
“The information given today also reflects the fact that Yes Scotland is a self-financing campaign and that we are being funded by Scotland for Scotland.
“That, in our view, is how it should be and why, unlike our opponents, we are not prepared to accept large donations from people outside Scotland.”
Mr Jenkins repeated the call for all major donations to come from Scotland-based supporters who can vote in the September 2014 referendum. Only a very small amount had been sent from overseas – less than 1% of the total, in fact - and most of those were from expatriate Scots.
He said: “We believe the appropriate position is that both campaigns should agree that any donation above £500 – the legally recognised level over which money given becomes a “donation” – should come only from those registered to vote in Scotland’s referendum. Yes Scotland is sticking firmly to that.”
Mr Jenkins said he was extremely grateful to everybody who had already donated to the campaign and appealed to those who supported an independent Scotland to continue giving whatever they could afford.
He added: “In these difficult economic times, it is very encouraging to know that people have reached out and given what they can but there is a still a long way to go and a lot of work to do.
“People know that they will be asked to make a hugely important decision on September 18, next year - a decision that will determine the future shape of our country for generations. So it's vital that as a campaign we are able to continue our work of providing people with the quality information they need.”