Dundee, without a match yesterday, will consider themselves the only winners on a day when all three Championship matches finished drawn.

Hamilton and Falkirk both had opportunities to take over the leadership, but could not find the killer touch when it mattered most and Dundee remain top, albeit on goal difference.

Hamilton recovered from a poor first half showing at Palmerston Park to take a point in a 1-1 draw against Queen of the South.

Loading article content

Zander Clark denied them victory in injury-time when he somehow managed to save from Mickail Antoine-Curier when the Hamilton substitute thought he had scored the winner.

But it was Queen of the South who were the more likely to break the deadlock in the first half. Gavin Reilly struck the outside of the post from a tight angle after rounding Kevin Cuthbert and Iain Russell struck the crossbar late in the opening 45 minutes.

Hamilton's best effort was a long-range shot from Tony Andreu which Clark dealt with expertly.

The Lanarkshire side improved in the second half and Martin Canning put them ahead from a corner after 56 minutes.

Reilly then equalised with his ninth goal of the season thanks to a low shot from just inside the penalty box.

Cuthbert denied Reilly a second in the closing minutes before Clark performed similar heroics at the other end.

Falkirk also missed their chance of leapfrogging Hamilton and Dundee when Mark Millar missed a penalty with just five minutes left of their 1-1 draw with Livingston. Darren Jamieson, the Livingston goalkeeper, frustrated them time and again and excelled when he got a boot to Millar's late spot-kick.

Marc McNulty gave Livingston the lead 10 minutes before half-time, heading home from Jason Talbot's cross to record his 15th goal of the season.

Jamieson repelled everything Falkirk could muster until Blair Alston's 82nd-minute equaliser sparked off a dramatic finish.

Simon Mensing brought down Craig Sibbald, a decision which resulted in an unsavoury brawl with Phil Roberts being red-carded for Falkirk before Millar was denied by Jamieson.

Cowdenbeath and Alloa Athletic drew 2-2 at Central Park, the home side twice coming from behind to salvage a point. Graeme Holmes gave Alloa a seventh-minute lead with a strong run and finish in spite of a valiant attempt by John Armstrong to block the ball on the line.

Cowdenbeath equalised eight minutes from half-time when James Fowler sent Greg Stewart clear and his shot went in off the inside of the post.

Cowdenbeath opened the second half strongly and Scott Bain pulled off a fine save to keep out a Nathaniel Wedderburn header.

Just when the home side looked worth the lead, Ryan McCord stung them on the break, his 59th-minute shot going in off the post to put Alloa back in front.

Sammy Stewart forced another good save from Bain but the goalkeeper was left with no chance when Greg Stewart volleyed equaliser. Both sides had chances to win it in the closing stages, but neither could find that elusive goal.