Mo Farah has indicated that he will compete in the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.

In a message posted today on his official Twitter account, the double Olympic champion said: "In Font Romeu... Trainings going good!! Next stop... Commonwealth Games...!! Shabba"

Loading article content

Farah announced in May that he would compete at the Games, however, his attendance was brought into doubt earlier this month after he was forced to pull out of the Diamond League athletics event at Hampden due to illness.

Asked at the time if he was going to be fit for the Games, he said: "It's a good question. I don't know. Hopefully I should be good. I have missed a bit of training, but we'll make a decision further down the line."

Both Team England and Farah's management team have now confirmed that there is no change to the 31-year-old's plans to compete in both the 5000m and 10000m events.

On Tuesday, UK Athletics performance director Neil Black eased fears over Farah's medical issues, insisting: "Mo has had some challenges with his health which have all been dealt with and he is now phasing back into full training.

"He is really positive about things and he is thinking optimistically about the summer."

Farah has also been named in the 75-strong Great Britain squad for the European Championships in Zurich next month.

The distance runner was admitted to hospital in the United States with abdominal pains at the start of July and had further tests in the United Kingdom.

However, team doctors gave him the all-clear to return to training earlier this month.