Leaders Forfar Athletic saw their advantage whittled to just one point at the top after a 1-1 draw at Elgin City.

Forfar have now gone six league games without a win but manager Gary Bollan insists his players will rediscover their winning touch.

"It’s been tough for us," he said. “Every week teams are wanting a bit of us, so it’s up to us not to allow them anything.

Loading article content

"That's got to start now. We have to take that into the game against Berwick – start on the front foot and do the things we are good at, as we showed in the early part of the season when we were winning games.

"We have to get back in the mode again. The boys in there are good players, they are a good bunch of boys and our next win will be just around the corner. I'll make sure of that.

"Our first-half performance wasn’t good enough. I felt we were a bit lethargic but Elgin scoring that goal brought us to life.

"We deserve a bit of credit in the end. We might even have sneaked it, but every point is important at this stage of the season."

Elgin led through a Darryl McHardy header but Jim Lister gave Forfar a point.

Arbroath closed the gap with a 2-0 win at Berwick with Steven Doris (penalty) and Martin Scott getting the goals.

Berwick full-back Lee Hamilton was taken to hospital with a head injury, which led to the game being held up for eight minutes at the start of the second half.

He underwent a CT scan to examine the extent of the injury but was released from hospital on Saturday evening and the 21-year-old will be assessed over the coming days.

Clyde ended a 14-game spell without a win when they beat Edinburgh City 3-1. Lewis Allen gave the capital side a half-time lead but Clyde hit back through Matty Flynn and a double from veteran striker Peter MacDonald to give them hope that they can climb the table.

Stirling Albion won their fifth successive game – a late strike from Darren Smith giving them a 1-0 home win over Annan Athletic.

Cowdenbeath remain seven points adrift at the bottom after losing 2-0 at home to Montrose.

Michael Bolochoweckyj and Matt Smith contributed the goals and Billy Brown, the Cowdenbeath assistant manager, admitted: "Montrose were too experienced a streetwise for us."