It had been claimed Ferdinand, an unused substitute in Sunday's draw with Fulham at Old Trafford, would miss the short warm-weather training camp, though the club later confirmed the defender would be with the squad.
In addition, it was suggested that United would confirm today that Ferdinand would be retiring at the end of the season.
The veteran has made just one appearance in two months, failing to make a Barclays Premier League appearance on Sunday even though two obvious alternatives, Phil Jones and Jonny Evans, were ruled out through injury.
However, Moyes said the claims were untrue. "I can only tell you what was written was a load of rubbish," he said.