• Text size      
  • Send this article to a friend
  • Print this article

League 1 play-offs

East Fife squeezed into the play-off final after a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over Clyde at New Bayview.

The home side won 2-1 to make it 2-2 on aggregate and won through 7-6 on penalties after Fraser McGhee had missed the final penalty for Clyde.

Dylan Rooney, who replaced the injured Greg Paterson at half-time, was the East Fife hero as he saved penalties from Stefan McCluskey and Michael Daly in the shoot-out.

East Fife took the lead after 12 minutes when Scott McBride evaded his marker to head home a Stephen Hughes free-kick.

Scott Ferguson equalised just before the break when he raced clear of the home defence to lift the ball over Paterson's head. Kevin Smith forced the tie into extra-time with a left-foot shot with just five minutes left.

Jordan White hit a hat-trick as Stirling Albion beat 10-man Annan Athletic 5-3 at Galabank to go through 8-4 on aggregate. David McClune gave Stirling an early lead and White put Stirling further ahead.

Martin McNiff pulled a goal back five minutes before the break when his header eluded David Crawford's grasp and Ally Love equalised.

McNiff was sent off after picking up his second yellow card and Craig Comrie scored Stirling's third.

White's second put more daylight between the teams and he completed his hat-trick with a superb finish before Scott Davidson scored a late consolation.

Contextual targeting label: 

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on HeraldScotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis.
If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.