• Text size      
  • Send this article to a friend
  • Print this article

SPFL League 2: Annan go second after Rovers victory

Annan Athletic squeezed into second place in League Two on goal difference with a 2-0 win at home to Albion Rovers.

Annan made the breakthrough 10 minutes from half-time after Josh Todd headed home Scott Davidson's cross.

It could have been 2-0 shortly afterwards when Mick Dunlop sent a header against his own crossbar.

Seven minutes after the break, Kenny Mackay doubled their lead with a fierce shot from just inside the area to make the three points safe.

Clyde slipped to a surprise 2-1 home defeat at the hands of bottom club Queen's Park, who are still without a permanent manager.

Blair Spittal hit the post early on for Queen's, but Stefan McCluskey put the home side ahead midway through the half.

Queen's hit back through a Spittal penalty and then Tom Collins struck in the second half to record only their second league win of the season.

Stirling Albion edged East Stirlingshire 2-1 at Forthbank when Mark Ferry raced clear in injury-time to hit an outstanding winning goal.

In an evenly-matched game, East Stirlingshire will feel aggrieved, having led until the final 10 minutes.

Max Wright gave them a half-time lead, but substitute Craig Comrie marked his debut by bagging the equaliser with his first touch of the ball with 10 minutes left. East Stirling had barely recovered from that blow when Ferry struck the winning goal.

Contextual targeting label: 

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on HeraldScotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis.
If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.