TWO Scottish survivors of the Paris attacks have spoken on their terror as they hid in a cellar at the Bataclan concert hall when it was under siege.
Christine Tudhope, 34, and Mariesha Payne, 33, hid for three hours after gunmen open fired on concert-goers, killing as many as 100 people at the venue.
The atrocity occurred amid a series of attacks taking place in the French capital on Friday night, resulting in the deaths of at least 129 people and hundreds others seriously injured.
Attackers stormed the venue and opened fired on the audience, taking scores hostage. Three detonated explosive belts and killed themselves before Police closed in.
One Briton has so far been confirmed dead in the concert hall attack -- 36-year-old Nick Alexander from Colchester -- who had been selling merchandise for headliners Eagles of Death Metal.
Mariesha Payne, 33 from Auchterarder, was with her friend Christine, 34, to see the American band play as part of a trip for their joint birthday celebrations.
Mother-of-two Mariesha told a Sunday newspaper: "I saw bullets hit the stage in front of me. A few rounds went off, popping.
"I said 'It's gunfire. Run! Get out of here!'"
The pair then ran into a backstage area and in the confusion, went through into a cellar rather than to an exit out into the street.
After that, alongside two Italian concert-goers, they locked the door, listening to the carnage in the rooms outside for more than three hours before the police found them.
PR Officer Christine, from Saline near Dunfermline, said they could hear the militants talking outside the room.
She said the Italians men understood what was being said, but refused to translate for the pair in case it scared them further.
She said: "The killers were talking to the police and they had hostages. At one point they must have been right outside our room.
"They were speaking very fast. They said something about 'revenge'. The attack lasted the entire three hours. There were a lot of big explosions
"We thought the only way we would get out was if they blew up the building and the cellar protected us.
"It went quiet the last 20 minute and that's when the police got to us."
French police told them not to look at the ground when they came out, and keep their eyes straight forward as they were taken to an apartment across the street and their families were contacted.
They eventually were able to return to their hotel at 4am and later arrived back in Scotland on Sunday afternoon.
Mariesha added she was afraid she would never see her two children again.
"I cannot believe we got out alive," she added. "We later found out if we had gone left and into the street, they were shooting from the windows so it was maybe a saving-grace we were trapped where we were. We didn't know it at the time because we were trapped there for so long."
Band members of Eagles of Death Metal, who had played a concert in Glasgow at the O2 ABC only two days before, were also confirmed safe and accounted for by a US official.
A Scottish TV presenter who lives in France said that a colleague who was at the concert was one of the confirmed dead.
Halla Mohieddeen, originally from Blainslie in the Scottish Borders, is a news anchor for English-language channel France 24.
The 36-year-old said fellow-producer Mathieu Hoche had been killed in the attack, adding: "we have one colleague confirmed dead and we are all still trying to process that.
"It's horrible this is happening but this is something that's affecting absolutely everybody in the city. This happened to ordinary people going out on a Friday night.
"We have lost a colleague and we are soldiering on but there are countless other people who have also lost friends and family."
Meanwhile, a 12-year-old survivor of the attack has spoken of his ordeal as he attended the concert with his dad.
Oscar Leader, believed to be from Australia, was with his father John Leader, 46, who has reportedly been living in the city for 15-years.
Mr Leader told broadcaster CNN: "We heard this 'bang bang bang', and like everybody else we thought it was fireworks or part of the show.
"Then I felt something go past my ear ... was it a bullet or something? I didn't know what it was.
"Then I realised something's coming out, something's going towards the stage. At that point I think everybody understood. Everybody threw themselves on the ground."
"I saw the two shooters. One was changing his magazine, so he had a whole load of magazines in front of him.
"He had a big vest on. He looked like a young fellow ... nothing particular at all. I heard him at one point, he said something about Syria."
Oscar said: "He said 'You need to think about Syria', but in French, like there wasn't any accent or anything."
He said that he had never seen a dead body before, but had to lie next to one at one point when the militants opened-fire.
Mr Leader added: "There was no chance of anybody being a hero because these guys were organised. One was covering the crowd, the other one was doing the shooting."
"I was screaming out [Oscar's] name and I thought he couldn't be far away so he should shout out 'Dad' or something, or 'stop' or something."
He then said the pair made a dash for the exit during a lull in the shooting, but was separated from his son. He was later reunited with him outside after a frantic search.