The execution of Holyrood Boxing gym boss Bradley Welsh came just hours after the brother of a former ring champ, killed in another shooting in Edinburgh six years ago, was once again jailed after being found guilty of drug dealing.

Isaac McKinnon, the brother of Alex McKinnon, who was shot by Jamie Bain at The Marmion Bar in 2006, was jailed for six years after a police raid on his property saw police recover almost 11kg of Class A drugs worth nearly £850,000.

READ MORE: Bradley Welsh shot dead in Edinburgh - everything we know so far 

Although the incidents haven’t been linked by police, they both come amid a week of other bloody violence across the area.  

On Monday officers launched an attempted murder investigation after a 16-year-old was stabbed outside an Aldi supermarket on Gilmerton Road.

The teen was taken to hospital but has since been released following the attack.   

The following day video circulating on social media showed a knife-wielding gang in the Moredunvale Park area of Liberton being chased by a police van which rammed one youth who ended up being arrested.   

Officers also investigated an armed robbery at a Coral bookmakers on Ferry Road. A man raided the bookies armed with a knife before making off with cash.

READ MORE: Author Irvine Welsh leads tributes to "beautiful friend" Bradley Welsh shot dead in Edinburgh 

There were also violent scenes at the weekend after a serious assault in Livingston which saw a 26-year-old attacked in the street.

A 31-year-old was charged in connection with the incident.

Bradley Welsh, a well-known for his role in Trainspotting 2, and his community work,  was shot and killed on Chester Street.

The 42-year-old, who was a former British ABA Lightweight boxing champion, was part of notorious Hibs casuals the Capital City Service in the 1980s and his story was also told in an episode of TV series Danny Dyer’s Deadliest Men.

READ MORE: Bradley Welsh shot dead in Edinburgh - everything we know so far

He described himself as a "born leader" on the show.

Police confirmed that the death is being treated as suspicious with a spokesperson saying: “His death is being treated as suspicious and inquiries are continuing.

"Officers will continue to provide a high-visibility presence in the area to engage with the public, offer reassurance and gather information that can assist with this investigation.”