DUNDEE UNITED have confirmed a supporter has been banned from Tannadice after an alleged incident with Aberdeen’s Funso Ojo.

The club have cancelled the fan’s season ticket and they will not be allowed to attend matches at Tannadice going forward.

North East Police yesterday confirmed a 35-year-old man had been arrested and charged in connection with an alleged assault of an Aberdeen player. He was released on condition of appearing at Dundee Sheriff Court at a future date.

Now United have confirmed they have been working with police after the alleged incident which Aberdeen say left Ojo “shaken”.

A United statement read: “Dundee United FC have been working in conjunction with Police Scotland to review an incident that occurred during Saturday's match at Tannadice Park.

“We can confirm that an individual has had their season ticket cancelled and been banned from Tannadice Park for unacceptable conduct and breaching the terms of their season ticket contract.

“The Club are committed to ensuring a safe environment for everyone to come along and enjoy football matches at Tannadice and we ask all fans to help ensure this is the case.

“We will make no further comment on this matter.”

Aberdeen yesterday welcomed police action after the alleged incident and revealed they’re awaiting a response over manager Stephen Glass being sent to the stand.

Chairman Dave Cormack commented: “The Club are appalled at the events that unfolded yesterday afternoon and are fully supporting Funso who remains shaken by the entire incident. Such conduct from any supporter is wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated in what, for a football player, is their place of work.”

On Ojo’s sending off, he added: “Given the circumstances around the incident, the Club remains shocked at the decision to issue Funso with a second caution which led to his dismissal from the field of play. As it was Funso who was assaulted we sincerely hope that common sense will prevail and that the authorities will work with us to ensure that this injustice is addressed.”

A North East Police statement read: "After an investigation into an incident during the Dundee United and Aberdeen match in Dundee yesterday, a 35yo man has been arrested and charged in connection with the assault of an Aberdeen FC player.

"He has been released on undertaking to appear at Dundee SC at a later date."