CELTIC extended their unbeaten run against Rangers to nine games with a stunning 3-2 victory at Ibrox this afternoon despite falling behind twice and being reduced to 10 men in the second half.

Brendan Rodgers’s side moved nine points ahead of their city rivals, who had grabbed the lead through Josh Windass early on and then Daniel Candeias, at the top of the Ladbrokes Premiership table with a game in hand against lowly Dundee.

The victory, achieved courtesy of goals form Tom Rogic and Moussa Dembele in the first-half and substitute Odsonne Edouard in the second, will go a long way towards securing a seventh consecutive Scottish title triumph.

Celtic had been dealt a blow before kick-off when Dorus de Vries, the experienced Dutch keeper who has been deputising for the sidelined Craig Gordon since the end of January, was ruled out after going over his ankle in training yesterday.

Scott Bain, the former Elgin City and Alloa keeper who has joined Celtic from Dundee on loan until the end of the 2017/18 campaign, was drafted in to take over from him and Ross Doohan came onto the bench.

It was the 26-year-old’s debut for the Parkhead club and his first game since Dundee were beaten 3-1 at home by Hamilton at Dens Park back at the end of October.

But he rose to the occasion - not least in the dying stages of regulation time when he produced a magnificent double save from first Windass and then Alfredo Morelos after the Columbian had hit the post to keep his team in front.

Graeme Murty brought back two players who had recovered from injury – Declan John, who had been out with a groin strain, took over from Andy Halliday at left back while Jamie Murphy, who had a toe problem, replaced Jason Cumnmings on the left flank.

Cummings, who is on loan from Nottingham Forest had netted the first hat-trick of his professional career in the 4-1 win over second tier Falkirk in the William Hill Scottish Cup quarter-final six days earlier, but he was relegated to the bench.

Aside from Bain, Rodgers named Dedryck Boyata, who has been out since limping off with a groin problem in the 1-0 loss to Kilmarnock at Rugby Park at the start of last month, ahead of Marvin Compper at centre half and Callum McGregor instead of Scott Sinclair.

Boyata was at fault for the opening goal in the third minute - the Belgian defender allowed Win-dass to steal possession off him in the middle of despite having ample time to control the ball and either pass or clear it.

Windass did superbly to leave Boyata for dead, advance into the Celtic penalty area and fire a shot beyond Bain just before Jozo Simunovic came sliding in to tackle him.

But Rangers were only in front for eight minutes. Rogic levelled with a stunning left foot strike in the 11th minute after receiving the ball from James Forrest, brushing aside Sean Goss and curling a shot beyond Wes Foderingham.

The Australian playmaker collided with David Bates after taking his shot and the young Scot, who had replaced Bruno Alves early on at Parkhead back in December, failed to respond to medical attention and was stretchered off four minutes later.

His place at centre half was taken by Fabio Cardoso. It was far from ideal for Rangers as the Portuguese player has not been involved in the first team since the Scottish Cup game against Highland League minnows Fraserburgh at the end of January.

But it was Murty’s men who forged further ahead in the 26th minute. Jamie Murphy unleashed Declan John down the left flank and the left back cut the ball back across goal. Danie Candeias was standing unmarked at the far post and he fired beyond Bain.

Celtic, through, once again responded well to falling behind. They put their hosts under sustained pressure and Both Rogic and McGregor forced fine saves from Foderingham. The equaliser had a touch of good fortune when it came just before half-time, but nobody in the 50,215-strong crowd could deny it was deserved.

Scott Brown shelled the ball upfield under pressure from Candeias, Dembele held off Cardoso and lobbed Foderingham to score for the fourth time in three games and for the 13th occasion this season.

Collum sent off Jozo Simunovic in the 56th minute were he ruled that he had elbowed Morelos in the face as they chased down a loose ball inside the Celtic half. The centre half was shown a straight red card as his rival lay writhing on the ground in agony.

Rodgers threw on Jack Hendry, the young centre half he had signed from Dundee in the January transfer window, at right back and moved Ajer inside alongside Boyata.

Morelos forced a save from Bain in the 68th minute, but Celtic edged further ahead just a minute later when Odsonne Edouard, who had come on for Forrest just a minute earlier, received the ball from Dembele, cut inside and curled a shot into the top right corner.

Murty put on Jason Cummings for Goss six minutes later, but the former Hibs man was unable to level.