RANGERS boss Steven Gerrard will complete his fifth signing of the summer on Tuesday as winger Sheyi Ojo puts pen-to-paper on a loan deal.

The 21-year-old reported to the Hummel Training Centre on Monday morning as the majority of Gerrard’s squad returned to pre-season action.

READ MORE: Champions League and Europa League draw live: Celtic and Rangers to learn opponents 

Rangers have still to complete some paperwork on the Ojo transfer but he will move to Ibrox from Liverpool and follow Jordan Jones, Jake Hastie, Steven Davis and Greg Stewart in joining the Light Blues.

HeraldScotland:

READ MORE: Rangers' potential Europa League first round opponents are revealed

The move for Ojo will have no impact on the deal for Ryan Kent and Rangers remain firmly at the head of the queue to reach an agreement that will see the forward return to Glasgow for a second loan spell.

The Gers head to Portugal for a training camp this weekend and there could be more new faces on board as Ibrox chiefs look to clinch deals for Joe Aribo and George Edmundson.

Rangers still have work to do before completing a move for Aribo and the midfielder continues to attract interest from clubs in England.

Ibrox remains his most likely destination, though, and both he and Edmundson look poised to make the move from League One to the Premiership this summer.

The chance to work with boss Gerrard is a major selling point for both players and Rangers have made a £600,000 bid to try and bring Edmundson from Oldham.

HeraldScotland:

READ MORE: Every Scottish Premiership transfer so far this summer

Peterborough United had an offer accepted for the 21-year-old but that bid has now been taken off the table after owner Darragh MacAnthony hit out at the Latics on Twitter for allegedly trying to renegotiate the deal.

He said: “We then told we no longer allowed meet player on Friday unless we renegotiate with his club. Out of principal I won’t do it. Had lots happen over transfers in 12 years BUT never had club try pull that re an agreed transfer that was hammered out in person and by email etc.

“So I now officially pulling us from deal. Could have remained silent but due to leak from last week it’s important our fans know truth re the deal.

“And I most certainly won’t be dealing with said club owners involved ever again. Been in football 12 years but still get new surprises.”