AFTER getting battered for the opening 45 minutes at Firhill, you would imagine Pars boss Stevie Crawford would have snapped your hand off if you were to offer him a point from Tuesday night's encounter with Partick Thistle.

The visitors were well and truly under the cosh during the first half but improved after the interval, taking the lead through Euan Murray's thunderbolt via a corner in the second and seemingly on their way for a valuable three points in their quest to reach the play-offs.

However, it wasn't to be. Deep into injury time, Brian Graham nodded in Reece Cole's delivery to restore parity as the Jags grabbed a share of the spoils right at the death.

On balance, a draw was probably a fair result but Dunfermline keeper Owain Fon Williams was left hurt by the last-gasp equaliser. Graham knocked the goalkeeper to the floor from the initial corner and replays have since shown that the Thistle striker was in an offside position when he turned in Cole's cross – leaving the Welshman bemoaning his misfortune.


“I was so difficult to take it on the chin, especially after staying in the game for so long and then scoring with a set-piece we had worked on," he said. “It seems to be case for a few games now that decisions have gone against us.

“It’s tough one to take because I’m the one directly involved – it’s a foul on me.

“I know Graham. I’ve played against him for many years. He does it well, I’ll give him that. But it’s a foul on me for a start and then he’s offside when he scores so there are two chances for the officials.

“After he fouls me our defenders push up so when the ball comes back into the box, he’s got to be offside.

“So, it’s a really tough one to take when it came so late, with nothing left in the game."

On a personal note, Fon Williams has every reason to be pleased with his midweek showing in Maryhill. A cruel slice of luck against him cost the 32-year-old his clean sheet but there were positives to take; chief amongst them his save from 12 yards to deny Stuart Bannigan from the penalty spot early on in the game.


“I suppose I’m pleased to save a penalty but the game means nothing because of what happened in the last few seconds of the game," said an exasperated Fon Williams. “It was out of our control – it wasn’t anything we had done so it’s so tough to take.

“I think the assistant has got to take more of a role – but he also missed a couple of goal kicks that were given as corners. He can see right across the line of play from where he was.

“It seems to be the case of late that big decisions are changing games. You look at the game against Inverness when a goal was given and no-one could tell if it was in or not.

“If you’re not sure then you can’t give a goal. Goals change games. So there have been a few things. All we can do is stick together and continue to work hard and prepare for another tough one on Saturday.

“As a team we showed a lot of character as Partick had a lot of the ball and moved it from side to side, putting crosses into our box.

“It’s easy for a team to fold with that kind of constant pressure. But it shows our discipline and our character to deal with it. We were resilient and we stayed in the game and we knew we only needed one chance. We got it but it wasn’t enough."