Glasgow City's lead at the top of the SWPL was cut to just two points after they lost 2-1 to Rangers in a dramatic game at Petershill Park and second place Celtic beat Hearts 6-0 at Oriam.

City, who had led the table by eight points on Sunday morning, looked to have salvaged a point against their third place opponents when central defender Jenna Clark powered a header home four minutes from time. But former City player Kirsty Howat scored a dramatic winner in the fifth minute of time added on to win the points for her club.

Rangers dominated the first half and led through a Rachel McLauchlan goal after 23 minutes. Maddie Nolf set up the chance and McLauchlan, another former City player, beat Lee Gibson with a shot into the far corner.

The home side came out for the second half in more determined fashion, but it took Clark's header from a Bea Prades free kick to put them back on level terms. It looked inevitable that the equaliser would put a huge dent in Rangers' hopes of retaining the title, but with less than a minute of time added on remaining Howat rounded Gibson to put her side one point behind Celtic and three adrift of the league leaders.

Celtic continued where they had left off against City on Sunday, taking the lead after ten minutes against Hearts. Shen Mengyu, one of four changes made by Fran Alonso, fed Jacynta, who beat Charlotte Parker-Smith.

Chloe Craig doubled the lead midway through the half, with Jacynta this time the provider following a corner from Kit Loferski, another of the changes. The American then provided Natasha Flint, who scored a double against City, with the opportunity to make it three after 33 minutes.

Amy Gallacher, one of three substitutes brought on at half time, scored twice in two second half minutes, with Loferski rounding off the scoring to give Hearts their heaviest defeat of the season.

In the night's other two games, Hibernian beat Partick Thistle 3-1, and Aberdeen moved further away from the relegation play off spot with a 4-3 win over Dundee Utd.