JOSH Taylor ferociously defended his WBC Silver Super Lightweight title by soundly beating Winston Campos in Glasgow.
The Tartan Tornado was simply on another level, with the fight eventually being stopped just 44 seconds into the third round as Campos had to get up to his feet for a fourth time in the contest.

In truth it never was one. The man from Nicaragua was a late substitute for the injured veteran Humberto Soto, but the outcome of this fight could be detected within a matter of seconds of the fight starting.
This was Taylor's 12th win in 12 professional fights, 11 by knockout. For so long Ricky Burns has been heralded as Scotland's top pugilist, the three weight world champion cementing his place in the country's boxing history.

Having said that, for some time now the 27-year-old Taylor has been ear marked to potentially hit even greater heights. In the same venue he won gold for Scotland at the Commonwealth Games four years ago, the SSE witnessed the Prestonpans fighter take another unwavering stride on the path towards the upper echelons of this sport.
The fight was started with a smile and a stirring flurry from Taylor. Almost without reply Taylor went for Campos. A series of fierce blows rained down on the visitor, a smile creeping across the face of the man lurching towards him at the mere suggestion of a counter. Within a minute Campos was on the deck as the bell rang. Taylor was already on his way.

The second continued in similar fashion. Jabs to the body of Campos and a right hook to the face rocked him, before another right handed saw the 25-year-old hit the deck. A sharp combination sent Campos tumbling only seconds later with him only resurrecting himself as the count hit nine.

Taylor smelled victory and it wasn't far away. Forty four seconds was all it took in round three as Campos stumbled before eventually staggering to his feet. Referee Victor Loughlin however had seen enough, with Taylor's silver gloves soon reaching for the sky in celebration.

Prior to Taylor entering just after 10pm, the home crowd were left largely frustrated with what they saw from their Scottish favourites.

The previously undefeated Jamie Easton contested the vacant Commonwealth Super Lightweight belt with Englishman Glenn Foot. The Edinburgh fighter was given a torrid time during 11 gruelling rounds that saw him hanging on. However, he was eventually floored by a right hook that triggered a team of doctors and paramedics to rush the ring.  After around five minutes of treatment, he eventually walked out the ring.

Next up was Motherwell fighter Charlie Flynn and Ayrshireman Ryan Collins 11 months from their last bout which was ended with a head butt from the latter in the third round. With Flynn bossing this contest, history repeated itself midway through the fourth with another cut to the Lanarkshire man's left eye.

However, there were a few highlights to cheer. Lee McGregor knocked out Pablo Narvaez after two rounds while the Gorbals' Joe Ham remained undefeated by overcoming Edwin Tellez. Chantelle Cameron did likewise with a win over Myriam Dellal.