GLASGOW Warriors coach Dave Rennie was delighted with his team after they picked up their 14th try bonus point from their 15 victories this season with great victory against the league and European champions in Dublin.

Sam Johnson, Tommy Seymour and the Fagerson brothers Matt and Zander all crossed for Rennie’s side, with replacement George Horne also getting in on the act with a late fifth as the team's relentless drive to the PRO14 semi-finals continued at the RDS.

But despite the win Warriors are still not guaranteed a home semi-final in the PRO14. They now lead Munster by three points in the standings but they must beat Edinburgh in the 1872 Cup final in two weeks’ time to guarantee that Scotstoun will host that last-four clash.

“We are rapt. You know when you play Leinster that you are going to have to defend a hell of a lot. Their ability to hang on to the ball and get multi-phase is incredible,” said Rennie. “But we defended well through a big chunk of the game and we were pretty clinical when we got our opportunities.

“It’s great, we are a top side and we know we can score tries. A big focus for us has been the quality of our defence. It was better last weekend against Ulster and it was a lot better today again.”

This was a long way from Leinster’s first team as they rested some of their stars ahead of next weekend’s Champions Cup semi-final against Toulouse, but household names like Robbie Henshaw and Devin Toner made their return to the team, while their own set of brothers Rob and Dave Kearney bagged two tries each for Leo Cullen’s side.

The hosts had wind advantage in the first half, but they made some costly errors and Seymour pounced on Jamison Gibson-Park’s poor pass in the fourth minute. He kicked through, and even though Dave Kearney was back to cover, Ross Byrne tackled Seymour without the ball and was shown yellow. Adam Hastings scored his first penalty but Leinster hit back.

Fraser Brown had gone high with his tackle on Sean O’Brien and without Ross Byrne to take the shot at goal, Leinster went to the corner instead. A couple of big carries from Toner and Henshaw put Glasgow on the back foot, and then Gibson-Park looped a long pass to Kearney, who side-stepped Stuart Hogg and scored.

Glasgow had accumulated 29 points from their last six PRO14 games and they looked extremely dangerous in broken field, and after Hastings put them back in front with another penalty, Johnson scored their opening try, which Hastings converted.

After sustained pressure Leinster worked their way to within inches of the line but they couldn’t unlock the Glasgow defence. Leinster’s finishing was sloppy but they finally broke through when the ball was fumbled over Niko Matawalu’s head before Rob Kearney regathered and touched down.

Leinster had to work hard for their try and Byrne reduced the arrears to 13-12 with his first conversion in the 36th minute.

But it was all too easy for Glasgow as they came again and scored another try with their next foray into the Leinster 22. Hastings was a menace as he attacked the line with the ball in both hands, he spotted Seymour’s wonderful run behind Dave Kearney, and his pinpoint pass ensured Glasgow scored last before half time. Hastings missed the conversion but his side were 18-12 ahead at the break and with the breeze at their backs in the second half they looked comfortable.

Leinster changed their entire front row at half time but even with Ireland internationals Cian Healy, Sean Cronin and Tadhg Furlong on the field, they couldn’t avoid a scrum penalty shortly after the resumption.

But Leinster turned over the resultant Glasgow line-out and Joe Tomane won a vital penalty in the Glasgow half. O’Brien was immense and he carried hard in the build-up to Leinster’s third try. Byrne’s short range pass sent Rob Kearney over from close range again. Crucially Byrne added the touchline conversion to push Leinster back in front 19-18.

Leinster scored again, this time their bonus point try, through Dave Kearney. Jordan Larmour’s dancing feet creating the opening in the right corner and Kearney finished well. Byrne missed the conversion but Leinster were 24-18 ahead, before they were shocked by a third Glasgow try. Hogg kicked a penalty into the corner and the pack rumbled their way forward before Matt Fagerson powered over. Hastings conversion put Glasgow back in front again and the game was evenly poised with just over 10 minutes remaining.

Zander Fagerson gave Glasgow the bonus point seven minutes from the end, while replacement Horne added further damage to the scoreboard with Glasgow’s fifth at the death when he danced over under the posts to wrap up a memorable win.

Scorers, Leinster - Tries: D Kearney 2, R Kearney 2. Cons: R Byrne 2.

Glasgow Warriors - Tries: S Johnson, T Seymour, M Fagerson, Z Fagerson, G Horne. Cons: A Hastings 4. Pens: A Hastings 2.

Leinster: R Kearney (A Byrne 62); J Larmour, J Tomane, R Henshaw (C Frawley 59), D Kearney; R Byrne, J Gibson-Park (H O’Sullivan 65); E Byrne (C Healy 40), J Tracy (S Cronin 40), M Bent (T Furlong 40); D Toner, J Dunne (W Connors 74); J Murphy, S O’Brien (M Deegan 59), C Doris.

Glasgow Warriors: S Hogg; T Seymour, A Steyn, S Johnson (P Horne 21), N Matawalu (H Jones 67); A Hastings, A Price (G Horne 67); J Bhatti, F Brown (G Stewart 76), Z Fagerson (A Allan 63); S Cummings, J Gray; R Harley, C Fusaro (A Ashe 2) (B Flockhart 63), M Fagerson.

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR).