Taking place on Thursday 24th April, the class will see Craig demonstrating how to cook up a variety of mouth-watering dishes all featuring Hopetoun's award winning venison and other locally sourced ingredients. The venison, a former Great Taste Award winner, has zero food miles since it comes directly from the wild roe deer that roam the Estate and the fallow deer in Hopetoun's Deer Park.
Craig said: "The dishes I have chosen to demonstrate are classic Wee Restaurant, based on great flavours using fantastic seasonal produce, letting the ingredients do the talking. The venison supplied by Hopetoun Estate will allow me to demonstrate my skills from working in some of the best kitchens. Showcasing that cooking and presenting good food whilst maintaining its natural flavours is the essence of what we do at The Wee Restaurant."
To make sure those natural flavours are complemented perfectly, guests will also meet wine expert Neil Robertson from Wood Winters. Neil will be on hand to share his knowledge and love of wines whilst providing samples of the best wines to accompany the Hopetoun venison.
On the menu:
· Venison boudin with black pudding & celeriac remoulade
· Venison tortellini with cauliflower cream & aged balsamic vinegar
· Roast loin of venison with risotto of wild mushrooms & truffle vinaigrette
· Carpaccio of venison with chilli, garlic & coriander, lemon roasted asparagus
· Roast venison haunch with cassoulet of puy lentils, spinach, confit onion & herb gnocchi
Craig's Venison master class will take place at Hopetoun Farm Shop near Newton on Thursday 24th April between 6.30-8.30pm.
Tickets are £10 each and include samples of every dish, a selection of wine tastings, recipes and expert tips from Craig and Neil. Tickets can be purchased direct from the Hopetoun Farm Shop or by calling 01506 830716.