Veteran DJ Dave Lee Travis has said his "nightmare is now going to go on" as he learned he is facing a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault.
Former BBC presenter Travis, 68, was cleared of 12 counts of indecent assault earlier this month but jurors at London's Southwark Crown Court were unable to reach verdicts on two further charges and were discharged.
Yesterday, Judge Anthony Leonard heard that prosecutors are seeking a retrial on the two outstanding charges and a further hearing will take place on March 28.
Loading article content
Outside court, Travis referred to when he was found not guilty of the 12 counts. He told reporters: "I told you that I'd been through 18 months of a nightmare and apparently I was wrong because the nightmare is now going to go on. All I can say is, this whole thing started when I was 67 and I just hope that it's going to end by the time I'm 80."
Flanked by Marianne, his wife of more than 40 years, Travis faced the waiting press including dozens of photographers.
He said: "The last time I stood here I told you that I'd been suffering - can you stop clicking for a moment guys because I can't think straight."
Prosecutor Miranda Moore QC told the court: "The prosecution is seeking a retrial for two outstanding counts."
Travis was accused of indecently assaulting 10 women and sexually assaulting another in alleged incidents dating back to 1976 when he was at the height of his fame.
The jury of eight women and four men deliberated for more than 20 hours before finding him not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges.
But they were not able to agree on a charge of alleged indecent assault against a woman in the early 1990s along with an alleged sexual assault on a journalist in 2008.
Speaking outside the court moments after being found not guilty of the 12 offences on February 13, Travis said: "I don't feel like there is a victory in any way, shape or form."