A HOST of further "right to be forgotten" requests have been received by Google in the wake of a European court ruling.
The requests to remove information from Google search results include a man who tried to kill members of his family requesting that links to a news story about the incident be removed.
More than half the requests from the UK to remove data concern criminal convictions.
The latest removal requests come a day after a UK politician made requests to Google to have results linking him to a scandal be removed from the search engine following the European Court of Justice ruling.
The court ruled that people had the "right to be forgotten", and could request that articles in search results tarnishing their reputation be removed from Google searches.
Two other UK requests for search results to be removed include a convicted paedophile and a doctor who had received negative feedback.
The original case regarding the right to be forgotten was brought by a Spanish man who claimed his privacy had been infringed by an auction notice for his repossessed home.
Under Article 17 of the European Data Protection Regulation, internet users who are mentioned in data have the right to "obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data relating to them and the abstention from further dissemination of such data".
Google has declined to comment on the requests, but expressed its disappointment when the ruling was made on Tuesday.
A Google spokesman said: "This is logistically complicated - not least because of the many languages involved and the need for careful review. As soon as we have thought through exactly how this will work, which may take several weeks, we will let our users know."
Emma Carr, director of campaign group Big Brother Watch, said: "There is little doubt that making intermediaries responsible for the actions of the content of other people will inevitably lead to greater surveillance and a risk of censorship."