The Crown Office has said that it will not pursue charges against Lee Cyrus, 47, the chief suspect in the attack on the 23-year-old in Perth last year.
Cyrus, who had absconded from an North Sea Camp open prison in Lincolnshire, is also believed to have attacked Marjory Moran, 69, punching her in the face during a robbery.
Following the attacks in Scotland, a squad of 130 detectives was drafted in to hunt for him and women were urged not to go out alone.
Following the attack on the 23-year-old, Cyrus was spotted carrying a mattress from her house and disposing of it in a nearby stream in a bid do hide evidence.
Cyrus was eventually caught in London and was found guilty this week of a string of sexual and violent offences from a six-week rampage in England.
He flashed at women and robbed others at knifepoint.
He was expected to be returned to Scotland to be tried for offences committed here, but a Crown Office spokesman said: "The procurator fiscal at Perth received a report concerning a 47-year-old male, in relation to alleged incidents between October 14 and 16, 2012.
"After full and careful consideration of the facts and circumstances, the procurator fiscal instructed that there should be no proceedings meantime."
The spokesman added: "The Crown reserves the right to proceed in future."