A WINNER of Channel 4 programme Come Dine With Me who admitted having sex with a 15-year-old boy has been spared jail.

Lucy Haughey, 37, arranged via Facebook for the schoolboy to come to her house in June 2016, seven months before she appeared on the show.

The mother-of-three and the teenager had sex and later confessed to a friend online she was a “bad person”.

Loading article content

The reality TV show contestant said: “I’m glad it was me and not a skinny skanky 15-year-old schemie.”

However, the friend told the boy’s mother and he broke down in tears when confronted about what happened.

Haughey, of Glasgow, appeared at the city's sheriff court where she admitted engaging in sexual activity with the 15-year-old on June 25, last year.

Sheriff Shona Gilroy yesterday sentenced Haughey a three-year community payback order with a number of conditions, and put her on the sex offender’s register for three years.

She also imposed a three year non-harassment order that she won’t contact the teenager or his family.

The sheriff told her: “Your conduct in this offence was vile”.

Haughey was also branded “disingenuous” and told she presented a “significant risk” of sexual offending towards teenagers known to her.

She must have no contact with the boy or his family, no contact with children under 16, not use social media without permission and not delete her internet history.

The court heard Haughey was an acquaintance of boy’s mother.

Procurator fiscal depute Claire Whyte said in June 2016 Haughey made arrangements with the boy via Facebook that they “would meet up at her home address during June 25 and have sex together”.

She said the teenager told his mum he was “going to play football” and made his way to Haughey’s house.

Miss Whyte added: “They sat talking together for some time before Haughey asked the witness to go in to her bedroom with her.

“The accused then asked the witness top it on the bed.”

They had sex in her bedroom and the teenager later left.

Months later while speaking to another friend on Facebook messenger, Haughey admitted what had happened.

When asked if the boy’s mother knew Haughey said “She can’t ever know.”

She told her friend “He wanted introduced, I’m an expert, it happened.”

Haughey claimed the teenager wanted it again but she turned him down.

And she told her pal “He had a crush on me but I also had a lot of respect for him”.

Haughey boasted: “I’m glad it was me and not a skinny, skanky 15-year-old schemy.”

She asked the friend to delete their internet conversation.

Miss Whyte added: “The disclosure made did not sit well with her, she contacted the boy’s mother via Facebook.”

When confronted about this, the teenager “broke down and started crying and also admitted to having sex with the accused”.

The matter was later reported to the police and Haughey was interviewed but mostly said “no comment”.

Defence lawyer Michael Gallen said she is “well aware of the seriousness of the offence”.