A MOTHER who threatened to kill herself and take her baby "with her to a better place" had to go to France for treatment after being discharged by hospital doctors.
evidence that a shortage of sunshine may explain Scotland's poor health record has been revealed.
SPENDING on hospital meals in Scotland has been cut by almost £3 million despite patients campaigning for better food.
Most people just aren't comfortable mentioning the F-word in public - the fertility word, that is.
MAKING lifestyle changes can often be a big part of a couple's efforts to get pregnant.
THE search for cancer treatments has taken a big step forward with a new insight into how cells multiply, scientists have said.
THE widow of a man who died after an NHS blunder meant a bowel cancer diagnosis was delayed by more than six months has accused a hospital of attempting to cover up a catalogue of errors.
Staff and students at a Glasgow college have been sent an email detailing the signs to look for if they suspect they have meningitis after the latest case in the city.
CHILDREN'S health would benefit from switching to continental time by moving the clocks forward an hour, say researchers.
COUPLES struggling to conceive should receive three cycles of fertility treatment on the NHS, experts have said.
GAPS in mental health services for some of Scotland's most vulnerable young people are highlighted today in a new report.
l Bacterial meningitis is potentially fatal, and symptoms can develop rapidly.
The father of kidnapped photojournalist John Cantlie has died, not knowing whether a video message he sent to his son's Islamic State captors had reached him.
A man completely paralysed from the waist down after his spinal cord was sliced in half in a stabbing attack is able to walk again after undergoing pioneering surgery.
HUNDREDS of children under 10 have been treated for alcohol-related injuries or illness in Scotland in the last three years, new figures show.
PEOPLE with eczema could find their condition is made worse by severe weather this winter, a charity has warned.