The new acquisitions are part of the first re-display in the Mackintosh and Glasgow Style Gallery since the museum reopened in 1996.
The six donations and eight purchases, made with the assistance of the National Fund for Acquisitions and The Art Fund, include works by Ramsay Traquair, Christopher Dresser, David Gauld and Jessie Marion King and date from between the 1880s and the 1930s.
On show is a stained and leaded glass panel entitled Music, designed by Glasgow Boy David Gauld and made by the Glasgow stained glass workshop of Hugh McCulloch and Company around 1891. Two new works were designed by 19th century designer Christopher Dresser, who was greatly influenced by the design of Japan.
A silver gilt milk jug made by Elkington and Company in 1885 and a copper kettle, dating from about 1880 to 1885, made by Benham and Froud of London, have been given to Glasgow Museums by Ernst and Clara Reimann, through The Art Fund.
A silver chalice with paua shell cup is also on show, designed by Ramsay Traquair with enamels by his better-known mother, Phoebe Anna Traquair.
Other pieces include a pewter and glass fruit bowl designed by Archibald Knox for Liberty of London; three silver pieces by Alexander Ritchie and a large presentation Quaich from the Technical Art Studios of the Glasgow School of Art.
Hazel Williamson, manager of the National Fund for Acquisitions, administered by National Museums Scotland, said: "We are delighted that funding from the National Fund for Acquisitions has helped to secure these significant examples of Scottish decorative art for the collections."