• Text size      
  • Send this article to a friend
  • Print this article

Family in blaze drama

A family-OF-THREE were taken to hospital after a blaze broke out in their home.

The fire started in the kitchen of the house in Dalry, North Ayrshire, at about 1.20am yesterday.

A woman, man and teenage boy were taken to Crosshouse hospital in Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, suffering from smoke inhalation. The woman was given oxygen at the scene.

Two fire service crews from Kilwinning and Dalry took five minutes to extinguish the fire.

A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Fire & Rescue said: "This incident is a stark reminder of fire being a threat to every community in the west of Scotland.

"It is vital that every single home has a working smoke alarm on each level of the property."

Contextual targeting label: 
Families

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on HeraldScotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis.
If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.

141791