• Text size      
  • Send this article to a friend
  • Print this article

Man appears in court in connection with alleged theft of antiques worth £100,000

A man has appeared in court in connection with the alleged theft of antiques worth £100,000.

Police launched an investigation after goods were taken from Shapes auction house in Bankhead Medway, in the west of Edinburgh, on December 7 last year.

Gordon McIntyre, 53, from Edinburgh, appeared on petition at the city's Sheriff Court yesterday charged with theft by housebreaking.

He made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody pending a further hearing, expected to be within eight days.

Police Scotland said inquiries were continuing to locate the missing antiques.

Detective Inspector John Kavanagh said: "Anyone who believes they have information that can assist with our investigation should contact police immediately."

Contextual targeting label: 
Burglary

Commenting & Moderation

We moderate all comments on HeraldScotland on either a pre-moderated or post-moderated basis.
If you're a relatively new user then your comments will be reviewed before publication and if we know you well and trust you then your comments will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken the rules

Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not approved instantly.

214235