He said gunmen, believed to be members of the Boko Haram Islamist group which has attacked schools in the northeast before as part of their anti-government rebellion, carried off the students from the school in Chibok late on Monday.
"Over 100 female students in our government secondary school at Chibok have been abducted," said Audu Musa, who teaches in another public school in the area, around 140 km (90 miles) south of the Borno state capital Maiduguri.
Musa said he saw eight bodies in the area yesterday morning.
But he did not give the identity of the victims.
"Things are very bad here and everybody is sad," he said.
The military did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Education Commissioner for Borno State Inuwa Kubo confirmed the incident at Chibok, but told Reuters by phone authorities were still trying to ascertain the exact number of girls abducted, as several students fled into the bush in the darkness during the attack.
Borno state's education authorities had last month ordered all of its schools closed to protect children after Islamists killed dozens of pupils in a February attack against a boarding school in neighbouring Yobe state.