His claims, which were dismissed by Fifa's disciplinary committee, are contained in the full written reasons of the ruling.
Suarez said in his submission: "After the impact I lost my balance, that destabilised me and I fell on top of my opponent.
"At this moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth and that's why the referee stopped the match. That is what happened and in no way was there any case of biting or intending to bite."
The seven-man disciplinary panel dismissed his arguments and imposed a four-month ban from all football, plus nine international matches and a 100,000 Swiss francs fine (approximately £65,000).
The panel's ruling stated: "The commission took into account that the offence was made directly against a player while the ball was not in dispute and that the offence was deliberate and intentional and without provocation.
"He bit the player with the intention of wounding him or at least of destabilising him. In such context the committee observes the player had been sanctioned on previous occasions in club competition for similar acts."
In November 2010, Suarez, then with Ajax, bit PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal on the shoulder during a 0-0 draw. Ajax suspended him for two games and fined him an undisclosed amount.
Suarez was then banned for 10 games and fined an undisclosed sum by Liverpool after he bit Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in a 2-2 draw in April 2013.
Fifa has been formally informed of the Uruguay FA's intention to appeal against the sanctions on Suarez. The Uruguay football federation will now have a further seven days to prepare the paperwork for the appeal.
Fifa head of media Delia Fischer told a news conference in Rio de Janeiro: "We have received a declaration that they are planning to appeal. They informed us of their intention to appeal on Friday evening."
The striker has left the World Cup and returned to Uruguay. On Friday, Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez suggested the English media were to blame for the "excessive" sanction and announced he was standing down from his role on Fifa's Technical Study Group because he thought the ban was too harsh.