Senussi was arrested after the fall of the Gaddafi regime and is awaiting trial for alleged crimes against humanity during his time in office.
Justice Minister Salah Margani told ITV News that Senussi could be interviewed in connection with Lockerbie.
It comes after Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, said that the country had appointed two prosecutors to work on the case.
He said: "Yes, this is the intention. What we are working on is finalising the arrangements for this as much as obtaining the evidence that's available with the UK and US authorities. We all need to know the facts.
"The difference between the past and the present is that we have now new circumstances in Libya where the UK is now a very important friend and ally to Libya and thus I think the investigation need to go maybe a little bit wider and deeper into what happened into the extent of the involvement of the suspects."
On Monday, Mr Mulholland said the prosecutors would work alongside Scottish and US investigators who are trying to establish if there are other individuals in Libya who could be brought to trial for their involvement in the attack.
Abdelbaset al-Megrahi is the only person to have been convicted of the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over Scotland in which 270 people were killed.
Megrahi, who was released from jail by the Scottish government on compassionate grounds after being diagnosed with prostate cancer, died last year protesting his innocence.
Since the fall of the Gaddafi regime in 2011, British investigators have visited the country to try to uncover new evidence.
The 25th anniversary of the tragedy is on Saturday.